Our client was founded on an ethos to do good, to help charities, make a positive impact and give books a second life! To make this vision a reality, we need a talented Java engineer who has:
• 3+ years of experience with Java SE, Java EE / Spring
• Strong knowledge of microservice architecture
• Reliable knowledge of a relational databases
• Enthusiastic and open attitude
• Be able to think in a system and be able to realise correlations
• Good communication skills
• Willing to get to know new technologies
• Exploring complex tasks that are in connection with business logic
• Knowledge of Unix, MySQL or PostgreSQL,
• Intermediate+ English knowledge skills
• Ansible knowledge, GPC, CI/CD
• Ebay, Amazon, API knowledge
• Mobile development experience
• Experience participating in open source software development
• Get in on the ground floor of a highly-collaborative team
• Lots of interesting and challenging tasks;
• Comfortable work schedule;
• Zero bureaucracy;
• Friendly team with great culture and mentorship (visit us and see it yourself);
• US democratic management style;
• Opportunities for self-realization, professional and career growth;
• Corporate events and activities;
• Professional seminars and training, professional studying.
• Act as a proactive contributor in backend development of core platform and its features;
• Take part in some features development, like: image recognition and tracking, pass automation, etc!
• Collaborate with Product, Design and Frontend teams in order to create responsive applications
• Produce high-quality code
• Proactively participate in agile development process sprints for Back-End team, providing effort estimates, commitments and feedback to tasks
World of Books is a Sussex based company that sells quality used books at competitive prices to millions of customers worldwide each year.
We love a good read and can relate to the excitement of a new page-turner or the familiar joy of an old favourite. World of Books was established by a group of dedicated book lovers, and over the past 10 years we have grown our shelves from 1,000 books to over 3 million in stock — so you can browse through hundreds of thousands of titles today.
Our company was founded on an ethos to do good, to help charities and to make a positive impact. We don’t believe that books should only be read once, or have a single owner. We want to share the love of literature by rereading and reusing books. This is why our prices are low and delivery is free — to help millions of used books find new homes in over 190 countries every year.