What is required?
● Experience with the Ruby language and the Ruby on Rails framework.
● At least intermediate English level.
● Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies.
● Ability to work independently, but also be able to know when to ask questions to avoid wasting time.
● Experience with reading Ruby code.
● Experience debugging Ruby code.
● Experience with MySQL databases.
● Experience with Git and Bitbucket.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Problem solving skills.
● Eager to learn about the tech stack that powers the project.
Will be a plus
● Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
● Experience with Jira and Confluence.
● Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD).
● Experience with GNU/Linux servers.
● Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
What you will do
● Help maintain a large scale Ruby on Rails application.
● Help upgrade and test a large scale Ruby on Rails application.
● Develop new features and come up with good solutions to new requirements.
● Refactor existing code following the TDD principles.
● Communicate status on issues or roadblocks, as well as accomplishments and plans.
● Follow processes to ensure working in an organized way.
● Take the lead on assigned tasks, proposing own ideas to deliver good solutions.
What about the project
Pipeline Success, part of the HomeCare and ShiftMed family, provides technology and tools to help caregivers, families, and facilities connect with each other.