On Behalf of our client, AgileEngine is looking for an experienced Senior Native Android Engineer to join a team that helps technology leaders, banks and insurance companies, top retailers, top airlines, top hotel chains, and the biggest government agencies achieve their accessibility goals.
As an Android Developer, you will be responsible for continuing the company’s mission of making accessibility a simple and efficient part of the mobile development process. You will primarily work to create and maintain technologies for developing other technologies, such as linters, automation libraries, accessibility scanning applications, and more. Working in and mastering the complex world of digital accessibility is a challenge that you will get to overcome.
What is required?
● Experience as an Android engineer
● Experience developing and releasing Android applications
● Knowledge of Java programming language (Kotlin is a bonus)
● Broad experience across the Android Platform APIs
● Experience maintaining and updating legacy applications
● Experience architecting new Android applications
● An appreciation of process
● Experience with and an appreciation of TDD
● Awareness of mobile form factor, design principles, and Material Design
● Accessibility knowledge would be a plus
What you will do?
● Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java or Kotlin code
● Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the Android products, including an open-source accessibility library
● Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
● Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
● Create demonstrative applications for target customers and the general public
● Enhance the flagship product in conjunction with a full stack team
What about the project?
Client’s uniqueness lies in their ability to provide accessibility solutions that blend the best tools that technology can provide, with extensive experience and knowledge. Most customers benefit from a combination of their enterprise software and consulting and training solutions.
The Client blended approach to accessibility ensures that organizations have the toolset to make large and complex websites accessible and that they have the organizational knowledge, workflow and best practices necessary to deploy accessible online properties over time.