Currently, we’re looking for a Senior AQA Engineer who is interested in shaping the future of big media. The platform that you’ll be working on serves millions of readers per month across multiple channels. We offer the opportunity to work with some of the finest development minds on the largest media sites in Canada, backed by a company that has been delivering content to its readers for more than a century.
What is required?
● Hands-on working experience with web and mobile application quality assurance and testing
● Experience with automated testing (Java, Selenium, Appium, Postman, TestNG)
● Experience with source control and automated deployment tools, specifically Git and Jenkins
● Experience with data ETL testing
● Knowledge making Web Services and Restful Services requests
● Knowledgeable of the various data exchange formats like CSV, XML, JSON, etc.
● Knowledge on data analysis, web search engine, SEO values
● Familiar with WCAG 2.0, W3C web standards and analytics processes (Adobe and Google Analytics)
What will you do?
● Help to create functional, integration and regression test cases, support the maintenance of automation test scripts and test cases
● Support and engage testing activities (functional/non-functional, running automated test scripts, etc.)
● Generate test reports and assess the readiness for deployment
● Documents software defect, track the issues and work towards resolution
● Efficiently collaborate with Delivery Manager and developers in the bi-weekly sprint(s)
● Review requirements and participate in requirements and design reviews
● Production deployment support and incident support
What’s it like to work at AgileEngine?
● Meaningful jobs
Our engineers’ jobs revolve around is building business-critical products and features and architecture-level decision-making.
● Investments in your growth
AgileEngine covers training costs, encourages visiting conferences, and hosts tech talks. We believe that growth is a #1 priority for our people.
● The compensation you’ll appreciate
Great engineers deserve great compensation. We’re always ready to offer the best terms to rockstar developers.
● Direct communication
Our engineers communicate with our clients’ teams directly while working side by side with people from around the world.
● Having fun together
We ensure a healthy work-fun balance with things like rafting adventures, mountaineering, skiing and snowboarding trips, parties, and much more.
The platform that you’ll be working on serves millions of readers per month across multiple channels.
Our client is a broadly based media company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TS.B). Its businesses include the Star Media Group led by the Toronto Star, Canada’s largest daily newspaper and Free Daily News Group Inc., which publishes the English-language Metro newspapers in several Canadian cities; Metroland Media Group, publisher of community and daily newspapers in Ontario. It also includes a majority interest in VerticalScope, a North American vertically-focused digital media company.