Join Affinidi and be part of the future of identity: secure, portable and controlled by the individual.
Affinidi empowers individuals and organizations with ownership and control of their verifiable data, to unlock value across borders and platforms.
Leveraging on the building blocks that Affinidi provides, trusted institutions and entities can issue verifiable credentials to customers, which can in turn be shared with other applications to access services in an open and interoperable ecosystem.
Currently undergoing development are three applications that leverage Affinidi’s technology: Safe Travel initiative, a digital medical credentials ecosystem to safely open up international air travel; Trustana, a curated B2B marketplace and trade platform connecting verifiable, international partners for seamless cross-border trade; and Good Worker, an online job matching platform for seasonal workers and employers in India.
Affinidi, along with the applications Trustana and Good Worker, are seeded by Temasek, a global investment company headquartered in Singapore.
We are building a motivated and entrepreneurial team who is passionate about identity, decentralization and technology to make this happen.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the engineers in Affinidi’s Verifiable Credentials Management System (VCMS) Squad building a product that will enable the company to reach its goal of having a billion users by 2025
- Architect, design and lead the full-stack build of projects including frontend, back-end, databases, etc.
- Mentor engineers on Technical Architecture, System Design, Quality Driven Engineering, and assign them day-to-day dev tasks
- Support your team in Agile and DevSecOps left-shift to ensure quality driven engineering excellence and security standards
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders and senior leadership on a regular basis
- Lead and create a diverse, inclusive, collaborative, transparent culture where everyone’s ideas and opinions are valued
- Leverage Open source and build the community around decentralized tech to facilitate open source contributions
- Mentor / Guide / Serve engineers in your team to create a high performance engineering culture
- Work well with global teams across different time zones effectively
You should apply if you have:
- 7+ years of full-time experience as software developer, with at least 2 years of experience leading engineering teams
- Experience working on AWS stack, Infrastructure as Code, Deploying and maintaining Microservices in a container environment (i.e. Kubernetes)
- Experience working with frontend libraries and frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS, and VueJS
- Experience creating backend services and working with different kinds of databases
- Good working knowledge on design patterns, OOP and Functional Programming
- Experience building / consuming OpenAPI (Swagger) and/or GraphQL specifications
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines and processes
- MVP mindset with the ability to switch from scrappy solutions to mature engineering depending on the project
Bonus points if:
- Experience building systems that require cryptography
- Experience building authentication systems, understanding of common authentication patterns
- Experience with web3 technologies such as blockchain, SSI, decentralized technology
- Remote-first company
- Unlimited vacations and sick-leaves 😍
- Extended Medical Insurance
- Learning budget — $1000 per year
- Home Battle-station allowance — $300
- Co-working space of your choice — if you are bored to work from home or haven’t bought your ticket to Bali yet 😊
- Face-to-Face teambuildings: we expect to have at least 1 per quarter
Here is the interview process for this role:
- 60min Functional Round with our Engineering Manager (Technical chat + Leadership skills + Culture fit)
- A take-home case study exercise (System, Process and Team Design)
- 90min Case Study Presentation Round
We can be flexible with the structure if someone’s circumstances or timescales require it for good reason, just let us know!
Please reach out if you have any specific requirements so we can be as accommodating as possible for you.