AdInMo is the leading In-Game Native Advertising platform primarily focused on mobile games. We are replacing horrible interruptive video and banner ads in games with true in-game brand integrations.
Our customers are game developers and publishers who integrate our Unity/Unreal SDK into their games, and advertisers and ad exchanges who wish to place their brand messages in front of highly engaged gaming audiences.
Senior Back-End Engineer
We are looking for a Senior back-end engineer to strengthen our team. This role is an excellent opportunity to get experienced at fast-paced development in Rust. As a bonus, to familiarise yourself with the exciting world of Game development in Unity/Unreal.
Most of our team is based in Scotland (Edinburgh, Glasgow), and our VP of Engineering is in Kyiv.
What you’ll do
- You will design and implement major back-end subsystems, work closely with SDK team to provide the best APIs, get insights into our data to help the Management and Product teams drive product decisions, extend our metrics to bring more transparency and better alerts
Who you are:
- You are an independent thinker who is relentlessly resourceful and not taken aback by uncertainty or failure. You base your decisions on first principles and prefer acting and taking responsibility.
- You are comfortable working in an extremely asynchronous manner, with a minimum number of meetings and calls needed. You are, however, prepared to interject your longer-term work with urgent tasks, nice little tweaks, or emergency fixes.
- You view dealing with an unknown technology as an exciting opportunity, not a discomfort
- You have a solid (5+ years) background in building back-ends, APIs, working with databases big and small, dealing with AWS services, analysing data, removing bottlenecks and scaling your systems.
- You love (and hate) open-source. Can fork and extend an existing third-party library with your left hand while reviewing your teammate’s PR with your right.
- You are experienced in Rust or are confident that you have enough knowledge to gain momentum quickly. You speak Python as a lingua franca, comfortable scripting any operating system in any popular scripting language, eager to read C++, C#, and whatever other language you will encounter that communicates with your subsystems.
- You love strong type systems and are curious about Functional Programming
- You love to build things. You hate long, pointless meetings and reassuring presentations and would instead focus on making an awesome product
Please attach links to any publicly accessible code that you wrote, libraries you maintain, pull requests you’ve authored, or other means of proof of your coding skills and technical achievements.
Send your resume to email@example.com
* While this job description talks about an ideal candidate, we realise that plenty of people would not match every single point described while still being a precious addition to our team. If you feel that that’s the case — please be assured that we are open to such candidates and are committed to supporting them as they grow together with the company.