We are a B2B company that provides SaaS (software as a service) for online sports platforms. Our publish-subscribe backbone processes more than 3 billion messages every day.
Our Data Insights team develops solutions for real-time data analysis and data management. Our products enable internal customers to make the right decisions in a timely manner, providing them with all necessary analytics and reports.
We are looking for a curious, open-minded, and highly patient and motivated QA automation engineer with an appetite for learning and self-development. This person will contribute to the testing of our data products, automating the integration, and end-to-end tests.
A bit about your future role...
- Test and verify complex web applications and middleware systems by following best practices, using manual and automated tests and creating and maintaining test plans, test cases, test notes, and appropriate documentation
- Participate in the analysis of the product requirements and evaluate information required for testing by meeting and discussing requirements with developers, product owners, and other stakeholders and collecting relevant information from other sources
- Participate in the planning of the delivery pipeline by estimating the time required for testing, analyzing dependencies between different product elements, and improving visibility for other team members and teams
- Take an active role in root cause analysis and troubleshooting of misbehaving applications by analyzing run-time functional and performance metrics, tracking, testing, and reporting on bugs and bug fixes
- Available for collaboration with the immediate team and the direct line manager at all times during agreed working hours
The qualities, experience, and skills we are looking for...
- Willingness to work as part of a distributed team
- 2+ years of uninterrupted experience testing commercial software products
- 2+ years of uninterrupted experience designing test cases and end-to-end integration testing
- 2+ years of uninterrupted experience automating testing
- Excellent understanding of SDLC QA processes — planning, cases, bug tracking
- Experience with distributed applications (SOA / Broker / Client-Server patterns, RESTful APIs)
- Experience with commercial relational and non-relational databases
- Familiarity with Jenkins or another CI/CD framework
- Very good written and spoken English (we’re a multi-national team)
Additional skills, knowledge, and experience of advantage:
- Experience working in a distributed remote-first multi-national team
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Experience in an Agile work environment (SCRUM, Kanban, Scrumban)
- Experience with containerization (Docker + Kubernetes or others)
- Experience with Git or another DVCS
- Experience with PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Experience with Kafka, Pulsar, Allure, Selenoid
- Actor-based application testing experience
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Mathematics