We are a B2B company that provides SaaS (software as a service) for online sports platforms. Our publish-subscribe backbone processes more than 3 billion messages every day.
Our Data Insights team develops solutions for real-time data analysis and data management. Our products enable internal customers to make the right decisions in a timely manner, providing them with all necessary analytics and reports.
We are looking for a curious, open-minded, highly patient, and motivated .Net engineer with an appetite for learning and self-development.
A bit about your future role...
- Deliver readable, testable, and reusable code by following best practices, using unit tests, and creating and maintaining appropriate documentation
- Participate in the analysis of the product requirements by meeting and discussing them with developers, product owners and other stakeholders
- Participate in the planning of the delivery pipeline by estimating time required for delivery, analyzing dependencies between different software elements, and improving visibility for other team members and teams
- Take an active role in root cause analysis and troubleshooting of misbehaving applications by analyzing run-time functional and performance metrics and fixing bugs
- Participate in the repurposing of existing software components on changes of product features or architecture by improving and refactoring
- Available for collaboration with the immediate team and the direct line manager at all times during agreed working hours
The qualities, experience, and skills we are looking for...
- Willingness to work as part of a distributed team
- 2+ years of experience developing commercial software products
- 2+ years of experience using Git or another DCVS
- 2+ years of experience as a C# / .NET Core / F# developer
- Experience working with automated testing platforms and with implementing unit tests
- Understanding of modern software paradigms and principles (OOP, functional programming, component-based architecture, common design patterns)
- Experience with distributed applications (SOA / Broker / Client-Server patterns, RESTful APIs)
- Experience with micro-services and developing/testing performant & scalable applications
- Experience with commercial relational and non-relational databases
- Familiarity with Jenkins or another CI/CD framework
- Very good written and spoken English (we’re a multi-national team)
Additional skills, knowledge, and experience of advantage:
- Experience working in a distributed remote-first multi-national team
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Experience in an Agile work environment (SCRUM, Kanban, Scrumban)
- Experience with containerization (Docker + Kubernetes or others)
- Experience with Helm and Helmfile
- Experience with PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Experience with Kafka or Pulsar
- Experience with application monitoring (Grafana, Prometheus)
- Experience with some or all of gRPC, MessagePack, protobuf, Orleans
- Knowledge of modern auth mechanisms, e.g. JSON Web Token
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Mathematics