If you’d like to become a part of the experienced, deeply knowledgeable team, to see how the advanced Computer Vision technology is being put to real-world, meaningful business tasks, and help shape the product which will eventually touch millions of lives — come join Abto’s R&D Department as a C++ Software Engineer for this project!
The goal of the project is to deliver the first version of an innovative automated parcel sorting solution for a customer of Abto Software — an international shipping company delivering millions of packages every day.
The solution is developed using cutting-edge hardware and the latest achievements in the Computer Vision domain, backed up by more than a decade of Abto R&D Department’s experience of developing highly customized, accurate and performant CV/AI solutions for customers from all over the world, as well as several successful CV-based products owned by Abto itself.
The main feature of the project: detect and track moving parcels using data from 2D and 3D cameras and project the information used for sorting the parcel in real-time.
3 C++/CV developers, BA, QA, PM
Technology and tools
C++, OpenCV, Python
Hard skills (Must have)
- 3+ years of commercial development experience;
- Strong C++ and STL knowledge;
- Understanding of concurrency programming of high-performance real-time applications, OOP;
- Experience in working with external devices(cameras, scanners, etc.);
- Experience in 3d geometry and linear transformations;
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms;
- Strong communication skills;
- Level of English — at least Intermediate;
Optional hard skills (Nice to have)
- Experience in solving 3d\CV problems: AR\VR(XR), scene reconstruction, differential rendering, etc.;
- Experience in 3d scanning technologies;
- Experience in OpenCV;
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and Deep Learning principles;
- Calibrate and setup external devices(cameras, scanners, etc.);
- Adapt communication with external devices for the project needs;
- Analyze the entire approach, provide recommendations to decrease the number of devices, make the overall solution smaller, simpler, etc;
- Suggesting new technologies and development approaches that may be beneficial to the project;
- New feature development and testing;
- Communication with the client;
- Work with CI/CD;
- Code review.