• Data structures and algorithms
• GraphQL using React Apollo
• Data visualisations (I.e. charts via Highcharts)
• Global state management
• Software Design of loosely coupled reusable components
• Unit testing with Jest
• Applying web performance and networking best practices
• CI/CD practices
• Advanced use of Git
General knowledge about:
• Styled Components or equivalent
• System testing with Cypress
• Microservices architecture concepts
• Container-based architecture: Docker
Demonstrated track record and proficiency in the points below:
• Deliver features autonomously with a high degree of team coordination
• Deliver code based on precise architecture spec
• Deliver code without relying on precise architecture spec
• Automated testing
• Working with CI/CD practices
• Delivering code to production
• Maintaining production ready code
• Collaborating in small but fast paced teams
• Event driven architecture and message passing
More about you
• Good level of English
• Willingness to learn and open mind about new technologies
• Confident to operate in a fast-paced environment
• A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
• Ability to learn autonomously
• Excellent all-round communications skills
• Exposure to concepts of functional programming
• Ability to perform basic DevOps tasks
• Working with latest cutting-edge technologies
• Disrupting a century old industry in a startup environment
• Opportunity to grow and develop your core skills
• Deliver a green field system
• Work with a diverse multicultural team in an agile environment
• Variety of knowledge sharing and self-development opportunities
• Competitive salary
• Great office with warm atmosphere and great working conditions
• Opportunity to travel to HQ office in London
• Experience firsthand the squad-chapter-guild workflow model, our version of the Spotify
• As a member of the squad, you will be developing React applications for web.
ready industry quality code.
• Responsible for full lifecycle of applications. Developers will take the applications they build from design, through implementation and into production.
• Passionate about delivering a consistent user experience across the platform.
• Continuous improvement of all development and deployment processes.
• Contribute to developing and maintaining a core UI component library.
• Successful delivery of your applications into production.
• Work closely with designers to ensure delivery of the vision.
• Regular and clear communication of progress to the squad product owner and technical
Our goal is to revolutionise shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Our journey begins now. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimization and so much more. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to revolutionising an iconic industry.
Our tech stack consists of React, React Native and Flutter applications communicating using GraphQL to microservice containers orchestrated by Kubernetes. The majority of our services is written in Golang with stream processing in Java, they use gRPC for communication, achieve high scalability thanks to Apache Kafka based event driven architecture, persist data to a mix of RDBS and No-SQL databases including PostgresDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, S3 and Elasticsearch. We follow CI/CD and agile methodologies to deploy into production multiple times per week.