— Native Android development experience is essential
— Experience with controlling the Android phone is essential.
— Experience with GPS, accelerometer, video recording is an advantage
What is the challenge on the position?
It is a very challenging technical experience for developers minded towards robust embedded systems although it will require fancy looking UI design. There is a great opportunity to work with a very technical team on a very technical project using the standard Android development toolkits.
8 benefits from 8allocate
1. You can work either 100% remotely or from office with 1 day remote
2. Office in the Kyiv center (1 minute from Pecherskay metro station)
3. Paid vacation and sick days
4. Training and development — we have a very huge library (for 500 books!). Training within your professional development is partially compensated by the company
5. Corporate English
6. Yoga and Qigong — free yoga lessons twice a week and
7. Free massage at the office 2 times a month
8. Playroom with table football and Xbox
— Replacement of a legacy Windows CE device. Hence the existing functionality of the Windows CE device has to be migrated (with improvements) to the Android one.
— Continuously add new functionality to the system according to business requirements
8allocate is expanding the team of our existing client. We are looking for an Android Developer to develop a new product for our client.
About the project: Client is introducing a new device to the telematics device portfolio: it’s an Android-driven tablet Samsung Galaxy Active Tab 2. This tablet is installed in heavy commercial vehicles (trucks) and act as an interface between the driver and the client telematics platform.
Device is connected to the internet (has own 4G SIM card) and is connected to the telematics device via serial port or BT. It’s expected to develop a set of native Android applications to: