3Shape develops 3D scanners and software solutions that enable dental and hearing professionals to treat more people, more effectively. Our products are market leading innovative solutions that make a real difference in the lives of both patients and dental professionals around the world.
3Shape is headquartered in Copenhagen, with development teams in Denmark, Ukraine, North Macedonia, and with a production site in Poland.
We are a global company with presence in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. Founded in the year 2000, today, we serve customers in over 100 countries. Our growing talent pool of over 2000 employees spans 35+ nationalities.
3Shape as an employer is committed to Ukraine. Our UA office has a 16 year-old history, and we are continuing to grow, hire and take care of our employees even during the war in Ukraine. Among other actions, we support our employees who are called to the military service, as well as care about our employees’ mental health by implementing different supportive activities.
If you are looking for stability and confidence in your future, we are the right place for you.
You will work as a DevOps Engineer within the CI/CD department in the R&D division of 3Shape. The goal of the CI/CD department is to enable 3Shape employees to ship production-ready software products to 3Shape customers whenever they want, through a fully automated delivery pipeline.
The CI/CD department supports ~400 software developers in 3Shape today. We are a team of engineers specialized in developing software tools, developing build and deployment pipelines, and supporting CI/CD services. We grow together as a team, help each other out and have fun while working on the projects. Your projects and tasks will come from a technology roadmap defined by engineers across the organization (including our team). Examples include migration from Artifactory to Azure Artifacts as part of our cloud-first strategy, and a brand-new CI setup using GitHub Actions.
• Build the next-generation CI/CD pipeline library for building, deploying, and monitoring 3Shape products
• Implement telemetry and logging in CI/CD pipelines and tools so we can watch their usage
• React to incidents related to the tools and services we support within regular office hours, with 3 weeks of dedicated support duty every 5 months. Help define a cloud-based architecture and deployment strategies for it together with architects within the team and across R&D
• Work within a self-organizing team that does its daily planning itself
• A knack for interacting and communicating with team members, and a desire to engage with teams outside our department
• A considerate streak and is mindful of their colleagues, it’s not about just arriving at the destination but also about how we get there
• A burning desire to automate as much dev work as possible to free up human ability to innovate for patient care
• Good language skills, especially English since this is the corporate language (oral & written)
• Practical experience with Agile and DevOps
• Experience supporting production workloads
• Experience in creating and supporting auto test environments
• Ability or desire to learn more about one or more of Azure (Artifacts, Web Apps, AKS, Kubernetes), vSphere, PowerShell, GitHub, and Docker
• Ability or desire to learn about observability tools, specifically OpenTelemetry, Elasticsearch and Kibana
• Education in Software Engineering or a related field
Your key skills:
• CI/CD tools (GitHub Actions, TeamCity, MSBuild, Azure Artifacts or similar)
• Virtual machines (Azure VMs or similar)
• Test Automation
• PowerShell Core
• Containers and Docker (would be a plus)
• Infrastructure-as-code tools (Terraform, Pulumi or similar — would be a plus)
You will be working with the following technologies:
• The .NET platform: C#, PowerShell Core
• Cloud providers (almost exclusively Azure)
• vSphere, including a brand-new ultramodern GPU cluster for demanding workloads (3D rendering and machine learning)
• CI/CD tools: GitHub Actions, MSBuild, Azure Artifacts, TeamCity)
• Containers and Docker
• Everything as code, including infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform and Pulumi
• And many more as they appear
• Participation in producing market-leading technology products for customers around the world
• Work in a unique professional, friendly and supportive environment
• Constant professional growth and development
• Occasional business trips to Western Europe
• Competitive salary level
• Good working conditions in a comfortable office (not open space!) near National Technical University “KPI”
• 39 working hours per week within flexible time-frame from 8:00 till 20:00
• Possibility of partially remote work
• A parking lot with free spaces for employees
• A healthy work-life balance
• Annual paid vacation (24 working days)
• Paid sick leaves and a child sick leaves
• Maternity and paternity leaves
• Medical insurance (incl. massage in the office).
• Compensation of lunches
• Regular company events
• Opportunity to become a part of the success that 3Shape has created over the past 20 years