We have an immediate opening for a VP of Engineering. In this role, you will have end-to-end ownership of all engineering initiatives and will manage a cross-functional engineering team. As a result of your work you’ll bring deeper levels of personalization to the consumer shopping experience by turning body data into business intelligence and remove the challenge of fit communication between consumers and the places they love to shop.
We are result-oriented enthusiasts who work tirelessly to build technology that has the potential to transform the fashion industry and how we shop online. We combine expertise and experience and work together to deliver outstanding results for our clients. This is a great opportunity for you to shape the growth, development, and culture of an exciting and very fast-growing company in the retail market.
You’ll advocate for cutting-edge technology, you’ll champion developer productivity and autonomy, you’ll lead by example, and, most importantly, you’ll help build a world-class engineering organization.
- Solid technology background;
- 5+ years of software engineering experience;
- 10+ years of people management experience
- Experience in hiring, leading, and coaching a multi-functional engineering team to support them to be successful;
- Experience in implementing flawless software development, QA and release processes across the whole organization;
- An engaging leader who has worked with internal and external stakeholders to identify and justify solutions. Demonstrated ability to understand/learn our markets, our clients, and our value chain;
- Passionate about growth and continuous improvement;
- Incredible work ethic, drive, and passion;
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Create long and mid-term engineering roadmaps and define operational plans to execute according to them;
- Understand business strategy and goals to create and adjust roadmaps accordingly;
- Partner with the CPO and CDO to ensure that engineering supports the product and technology roadmaps to reach the company’s business goals;
- Implement and maintain CI/CD and other best practises that are common for enterprise SAAS companies;
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals;
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage;
- Establish a reporting system about main core tech updates and metrics for the executive team and present it on weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings;
- Inform executive team members on a regular basis about any external technological trends and ideas, that we need to be aware of;
- Actively participate in hiring core tech team members together with the HR team;
- Run 1:1 with the core tech team members on a weekly basis;
- Actively participate in the performance and salary evaluation of the core tech team members;
- Monitor key tech trends in our and adjacent segments in order to react fast to the global changes, that might have an impact on what we do;
- Coach team members and help them with their career development and growth;
- Ensure that the team unleashes its whole potential of innovation and creativity.
What we offer:
• Stock option plan;
• Investment in your growth and self-development;
• Competitive compensation;
• 20 working days of paid vacations and paid sick leaves;
• 10 remote days each month and one remote month from another country per year;
• Foreign language classes inhouse and communication with native speakers;
• Online fitness with a corporate trainer;
• Modern and conveniently located offices with good working conditions;
• Corporate, social and cultural events.