● The ideal candidate holds an MSc or Ph.D. in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Economics or related fields.
● Solid experience in scripting/programming languages (Python, R, Scala, Java etc.).
● Good theoretical and practical knowledge of the modern data science technology stack (Spark, Hadoop, Docker, AWS etc.).
● Good data manipulation skills required including cleaning and managing data.
● Hands-on experience with machine learning concepts: regression and classification, clustering, feature selection, feature engineering, the curse of dimensionality, bias-variance tradeoff, neural networks, SVMs, etc.
● Experience with data visualization tools and packages (Python Seaborn, JS D3 etc.).
● Hands-on experience with statistics/machine learning packages such as Spark ML, Python (Scikit-learn, Pandas), R etc.
● A strong sense of connecting technical work to business impacts.
● The ability to identify potential use cases to create business value for our customers is highly valued.
● Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new things, techniques and technologies.
● Good communication skills in English.
• High degree of independence in your work including flexible working hours and work-from-home policy.
• Attractive salary package and additional bonuses such as referral.
• Perfect office location close to key stations.
• Working benefits such as public transportation cards and unlimited snack and drinks in the office.
• Paid vacation and sick leaves.
• Educational courses and conferences for you to improve professionally
• Great team and calm working environment
You will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. Some traveling in EMEA is expected as 2021.AI supports organizations across EMEA.
Our core data science team is in Copenhagen; that is where your project lead is. In all other matters, you will be reporting to the Head of Data Science at 2021.AI.
We are looking for a senior data scientist. As a technology company specialized in artificial intelligence, we expect our data scientists to have practical knowledge of the modern data science stack (i.e. Python, Tensorflow or similar, Docker, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop MR, cloud solutions such as AWS or Google Cloud, etc.). The candidate should be highly independent, self-driven and solution oriented. However, being able to work as part of a team internally, as well as independently at a customer site, is a must.
● Producing insights and actions and embed these in the design of customer interactions and other elements of our client’s business.
● Independently developing ML or statistical models solving particular business cases and preparing the models for production.
● Enhance the quality & impact of the models produced by the team locally in Denmark, Poland, India, and Ukraine, focusing on bringing the business objectives to the center of the development process.
● Continuously develop your own competences as part of a team, building a world-class Data Science organization within 2021.AI (2021.AI is a partner with MIT CSAIL, Alexandra Institute and a range of other top academia).
As a Data Scientist at 2021.AI, you will play a central role in producing actionable insights for our clients, acting as an important partner for different business and operational functions within their organizations.