We expect that a software engineer at this level will:
• bring 5+ years of production experience as a backend engineer with an expertise in building software architecture;
• be an expert in one of the following languages — Go (preferred), C++, Python, Java;
• be willing to learn Go if unfamiliar (our code is written in it);
• be experienced in working with Linux;
• be interested in owning tasks end-to-end and supporting them as they go live in production;
• care about quality. It drives you;
• be a proactive and extroverted person with an ability to work autonomously while being part of the team;
• have good communication skills in English.
• Docker, Kubernetes;
• working in a fully cloud-based environment and hands-on experience with at least one of the big 3 cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP);
• Data Science workflows, Big Data, Machine Learning.
For your professional development:
• Work with the latest technologies in AI & ML;
• Make a difference. Our start-up environment is a perfect chance for each team member to change or to contribute to the way the company functions;
• We are growing fast, and being part of this journey will create opportunities for you to grow professionally with increasing level of responsibility;
• Full or partial compensation of educational courses and conferences for you to improve professionally;
• Flexible hours. The main thing is to accomplish your goals and deliver results on time;
• It’s a fully remote role, but if you need/prefer to work from the office — we have an office where you can go, located 5 mins from Olimpiiska metro station (Lift99 Hub);
• Clear organizational structure and no red tape — we’re a small team, so you won’t need to go through many people to sort out your question;
• High net salary (taxes are on us), although out team takes care of accounting themselves (if you never had experience with it, we’ll consult and share information/contacts of accountants that will help with it);
• 25 business days of paid vacation;
• 15 days of sick leave;
• Occasional business trips to Denmark and Poland when we can travel freely again;
• Wellness package including medical insurance and gym membership compensation;
• Team events & Friday bars (online/offline, depending on the situation);
• Calm and friendly working environment :)
Your responsibilities as a Senior Engineer are to write code, develop new features, and work with other members of the team led by our Chief Architect. You will spend the majority of your time designing and developing backend distributed Go services in close collaboration with a small cross-functional team that consists of: 3 back-end software engineers who’ll be working with you (we’re looking for 2 more now to join our team), 2 front-end developers, 5 QAs, 3 DevOps, 2 Support Operations Engineers, a designer, and a product team of 4 people.
You will play an active role in introducing new technologies and ways of working to stay ahead of the competition, with an understanding of our clients’ evolving needs. For this, we expect you to contribute and collaborate with other engineers on technical and architectural decisions.
We use adapted agile methodologies, test-driven development, and a code review in our quest to deliver high-quality software, and we’re looking for developers to help us with it.
Here is a couple of examples of things you’ll be working on once you join us:
• Secure data sources -> user should be able to use external data sources (like databases) without knowing password (which is set by project manager)
• Horizontal scaling of production parts -> some of platform components should be automatically scaled up/down depending on load
• Remote code execution -> users should be able to run code inside Grace from IDEs like vscode, pycharm, etc
2021.AI is one of the fastest-growing AI companies in Europe focused on closing the gap between AI ambitions and real AI value. We are trusted to help large private and public organizations to stay ahead of the competition, and impact their future with AI.
We do that by providing ML/AI-services (AI models, AI platforms and AI governance) to the core of the organizations and business to drive growth, efficiency, and mitigate risk going forward.
Our main product is an AI platform called Grace. It offers an efficient, secure, and robust AI implementation across any organization, standardizing processes and workflows across AI projects, including all elements from data ingestion, governance, model development, one-click deployment, and model life cycle management.
With Grace, data scientists can collaborate swiftly to create packaged models for email routing, churn & fraud prediction, production planning, revenue optimization, costs reduction, improvement of social service cases and many more.
Here are some useful links to help you get to know us better:
• Company video introduction —www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImfD5L_pIvQv
• 2021.AI company brochure — bit.ly/3ni7XlB
• Grace AI Platform brochure — bit.ly/3oSyOUp
• Client cases page on our website — 2021.ai/clients
Join us :)
**Where Are You in Our Team?**
You will be based in Ukraine along with our core development team.
Occasional travels to Warsaw and Copenhagen, when it’s possible to travel safely again, are expected.
Daily cooperation with team members from all locations will be an integral part of your working process.